Monday, September 17, 2012

I think I can...I think I can



Everyday on my drive home from work I think of this blog...okay not everyday, but lots of days. I have plenty of health related thoughts to write about. Those of you who know me, know I am rarely short on an opinion or topic to chat about...but I am just so dang tired. whaa whaa whaa, I know. 

This fall I bumped up my normal part-time teaching gig, to the whole enchilada. It is just temporary as I cover my job share partner's maternity leave, thank you baby Jesus! I don't know if I am ready to be full time teacher and full time mommy...and a fit mommy at that. 

But I have been wanting to share about a book I read at the end of summer. It was a fascinating book. It actually is quite controversial, because Dr. Oz doesn't really endorse it, which in the health world is big deal. I am not saying that this is the answer to all our diet woes or a quick fix, because I truly believe in the power of a healthy diet and exercise. I do think Mr. Taubes is on to something. 

I encourage you to read it. Think it over. Give me your thoughts. And while I can't really commit to never eating carbs or sugar again, I was inspired. For once, there is a little bit of credit given to the genetics of it all. Many people who battle their weight, or are over weight are chalked up as lazy or over-eaters. It caused me to pause and consider my own judgements, and stereotypes. I appreciated the outlook that there is more to our body mass index than calories in/calories out. So, if you were just asking yourself what should be on the fall list of must reads, add this puppy!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily-- Sure! Our email is themommymiles (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete