Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cupcake Classic Virtual Race

Last week I signed up to run the Cupcake Classic virtual race to celebrate fellow running blogger, Run with Jess's 37th birthday! It's a women's fun run of 3.7 miles to be completed during the week of October 17-23 (this week) and there are prizes to be won! She even assigned everyone a bib number and emailed a bib to print off where we could write in our name and number. I figured I may as well participate as it would give me good motivation to get out there and run after Sunday's half marathon.

I had planned on waiting to let my legs recover from the half marathon but then I got a spurt of motivation and decided I would do it yesterday (Wednesday) while my daughter napped. It was 62 degrees and sunny with some fairly significant winds. The wind drove me nuts but I figured it probably kept me cooler and from sweating profusely than if it hadn't been there. I'm not going to lie, once I started running I wanted to be done. My knees and hamstring were throbbing after mile 1 and I was running fairly fast (for me) just because I wanted to get it over with, so I was tired from the get go. I regretted not waiting until Friday. But I didn't give up and completed my 3.7 mile run in honor of Run with Jess's birthday.  Happy birthday!

I ran 3.7 miles in 35:50 with a pace of 9:40. 

You get extra points if you send a picture, so I had to!

3 comments:

  1. I love virtual races. No travel, no race fees. They are great! If I didn't have a bum foot I would check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome time! Good for you just getting out there and getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up speedy? I am so curious just how fast you could go...

    ReplyDelete