Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sometimes A Break is Necessary

The day after Christmas, I got hit with this horrible 14 day cold that seems to be going around (did you get it?!). I was in bed for 3 solid days and out of commission for a week. While the cold still lingers, I finally felt well enough yesterday to get out for a run. I was nervous about running since I hadn't run in over a week, but the day was gorgeous and I was excited to listen to my book on tape while I ran.

A little while before my run, I reviewed Jess's blog post from a couple days ago and worked on the 100-Up Technique. You MUST check this out if you haven't. My daughter thought I was dancing and joined in on the fun. I don't know if it was the break that left me feeling refreshed and ready for a run or if it was the 100-Up Technique but I felt awesome! I have felt in a bit of a funk since October, so it was nice to actually feel good running for the first time in a while.

I think sometimes a break can be a positive thing and I just hope this high continues.

Happy running!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. I did. I thought it was just me. Unfortunately, being a single parent, I had to still work (UGH!). I was SO depressed I didn't have the energy to do ANYTHING. Now I get to play catch-up on laundry, dishes, running, etc.

    ReplyDelete