Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 12 Training


Week Twelve for Jess:(fourth week of the Get Fresh Challenge)
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: Barre 3
Thursday: 6 miles tempo
Friday: 2 miles + abs/pushups
Saturday:Yoga
Sunday: 10 miles
Total: 21 miles

Week Eleven for Jess:(third week of the Get Fresh Challenge)
Monday: 2 miles + abs/pushups Done!
Tuesday: Barre 3  Yoga
Wednesday:Yoga Done
Thursday:8 Thurs.& Fri.funeral and plane to and from OHIO, no workout
Friday: 2 miles + abs/pushups
Saturday: power walk Gardened
Sunday: 9 miles Done
Total: 21 miles 11. dang.

Reflection:
 Sometimes life sucks. We had a death in the family this week, and I hurried to Ohio for a memorial service. It was a quick, brutal trip but I am so glad I was able to go. After taking a few days off, I was thankful my 9 miles went smoothly. Well, it went smooth but it was HOT! I was soaking up family time and putting off the run until 11. Big mistake. But I just went slow and hydrated the whole way and was happy to complete it! Cheers to double-digits this week!!!


Week 12 for Katie:
This week is going to be a challenge as I will be traveling and am unsure what the setup will be like.  So this is just a guess and my long run may have to wait until the beginning of next week, let's see.
Mon - 20 min walk
Tues - Yoga video
Wed - 3 mile run
Thurs - 20+ min walk
Fri - 2 mile run
Sat - 8.5 mile run (hopefully!)

Reflection on week 11:
Mon - Run 3 miles - Ran 3.5 miles
Tues - Walk 20+ mins - 20 min walk
Wed - Yoga video - 20 min run
Thu - Run 4.5 miles - Ran 3.32 miles (ran out of time)
Fri - Walk or workout video - Sick day :(
Sat - Run 7.5 miles - Ran 7.5 miles!
Sun - Walk 20 + mins - Walk 20 mins

Besides getting sick and needing to take a day off, this week went pretty well. My biggest accomplishment being my 7.5 mile run (while I was still a little sick). This run deserves a blog post of it's own, so check back this week for a recap! I am bummed I had to miss a day of the Get FRESH Challenge, but sometimes it's important to take care of ourselves. We are less than a month away from the half marathon and I am getting excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment