Katie and I are stoked that April is here. We have been chatting up and thinking about our Get FRESH challenge over the last month! We were so inspired and motivated by other bloggers who had made personal goals of running or exercising for a solid month in the past. And as we thought about ways to freshen up our own workouts and put a little "Spring" in our step, we came up with the Get FRESH challenge.
We cannot believe the response that all of our virtual exercise buddies and our pals in the flesh have given! Those of you who are signed up should have gotten your first email last night. We will email you each week with little questions, ideas, and encouragement.
Some thoughts as we kick off April 1st:
- Everyday does not need to be intense, add moderate and easy days to your routine.
- Variety is key... Mix it up!
- Plan. Look ahead at the week and figure out how and when you are going to get your workouts in.
- Share your plan. Ask for support from your partner, and make sure to thank them when they help to accomadate your plan.
- Make a list of plan B workouts, so when life's unexpected hits, your workout can still happen.
- Remember start FRESH each day. This is not the time to get down on yourself with a workout gone bad, or feel guilty over what you've eaten. Focus on the postitive that you are doing each day.
- Take a new class at your gym.
- Check out Groupon, or Living Social or your daily city online coupon for different workout opportunities in your area.
- Use a workout video (my favs: Jillian Michaels, Barre 3, Yoga)
- Exercise TV, or online videos are also great!
- Walk: your dog, your children, or with a friend.
- Incorporate weights a couple of days a week.
- Use the pool to aqua jog or swim laps.
- Make it family time: Basketball, soccer, or tag are great workouts!
And if you haven't already, sign up HERE
HAVE FUN GETTIN' FRESH!!!