Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Post-Run Routine

What is your post-run routine? I often find myself wondering this about other people. My post-run routine usually goes a little something like this:

  • Walk in the door, sweating and breathing heavily from my run.
  • My daughter runs over as if it's been weeks since she ast saw me and acknowledges the fact that "mama running" (very cute)
  • I then proceed with stretching while keeping an eye on the clock and calculating how much "me" time I have already used up. 
  • My daughter tries to stretch with me or on me or right in the space I need. 
  • I emphasize stretching my hamstring (my trouble area).
  • My stretching is over far too soon and I am upstairs in the shower.
  • Back downstairs I come, with wet hair, to resume mommy duty.
That routine probably lasts a total of 20 minutes (including shower). It is not my ideal routine, I would love to stretch at my leisure, move onto some abs, back to stretching out my entire body then take a nice, hot shower followed by actually applying some makeup and getting dressed in something other than sweat pants. But such is the life of a Mother Runner. I am just thrilled I was able to get out and run and stay on track with my weekly goals. 


Runners - 
What is your post-run routine? And what is your ideal post-run routine? 

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am a mom like you, so my post run routine is usually just jumping back into mom duty. I am so bad about stretching, I don't do it. But I should!!! I liked your comment about looking at the clock to see how much "me" time you have used. Isn't that the way it is? All my me time is used up by working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem you do. If I stretch, I am also using time I could be showering or making breakfast, etc..one thing I have started to do is stretching while showering. You can't do ever stretch that way, but some of them work, like calves and quads.
    I love the photo of you and your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete