- Walk in the door, sweating and breathing heavily from my run.
- My daughter runs over as if it's been weeks since she ast saw me and acknowledges the fact that "mama running" (very cute)
- I then proceed with stretching while keeping an eye on the clock and calculating how much "me" time I have already used up.
- My daughter tries to stretch with me or on me or right in the space I need.
- I emphasize stretching my hamstring (my trouble area).
- My stretching is over far too soon and I am upstairs in the shower.
- Back downstairs I come, with wet hair, to resume mommy duty.
That routine probably lasts a total of 20 minutes (including shower). It is not my ideal routine, I would love to stretch at my leisure, move onto some abs, back to stretching out my entire body then take a nice, hot shower followed by actually applying some makeup and getting dressed in something other than sweat pants. But such is the life of a Mother Runner. I am just thrilled I was able to get out and run and stay on track with my weekly goals.
What is your post-run routine? And what is your ideal post-run routine?