Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 2 training

Week Two for Jess
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 2 mile easy 
Wednesday: rest  
Thursday: 5 mile speed work (warm;2x1600 in 9:22w/800jogs;cool)
Friday: rest    
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 6 miles long run
total: 13 miles 

Reflection on last week's running:

I was happy with this last week's training. It was week one, and I was a bit nervous starting my training program running a 6 miler and a 5 miler, but I think this was the right choice! I did not do any cross training. I do want to implament cross training in my training but as long as I am getting my three runs in, the rest is just frosting.
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 2 mile easy done!
Wednesday: rest   *cross train*
Thursday: 5 mile tempo run done!(1 mile warm up, 3 miles at 9:56, 1 mile cool down)
Friday: rest      *cross train*
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 6 miles long run done!
total: 13 miles DONE!

Week Two for Katie:
Week two is going to look pretty similar to week 1, actually.  I plan to run 3 miles once, 3.5 miles once and 4.5 miles once.  I get in my 45 mins of stretch/strength/abs during Biggest Loser on Tuesday and my Jillian video. Just picking up a little distance this week, slowly but surely. I really want to try and get to a local track in the next couple weeks to do a speed workout, I haven't done many of these! So we'll see (Jess-I need tips!).

Reflection on last week's training:

"I plan to run 3 miles twice and 4 miles once, if I can work in a speed workout on another day, I will be pretty happy about it!  I will do my Jillian Michaels workout video which includes strength training. I will use my Tuesday evening watching Biggest Loser and to do an abs/stretch/strengthen workout for a minimum of 45 minutes." - DONE!


So happy to say I accomplished each of my goals this week. Secretly I was hoping I might be a bit of an overachiever and accomplish more than I set out to, but instead I completed each goal exactly as I intended. I guess if I want to achieve more, then I need to set my goals higher -- duh! I've never been much of an overachiever anyway.  The week felt great, I was able to schedule in running times where my hubby with be with the toddler and it was nice to get out there and run in the fresh air alone. My 4 mile run was on Saturday with a friend and it was so nice to run with a pal, but it was not the easiest run. We both struggled a bit and for some reason, 4 miles was HARD! I think that's why I am making a slow jump up to just 4.5 as my "long" run this week. Just need to get more work in and we have plenty of time.

Okay, here we go week 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment