Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 4 Training


Week Four for Jess: a recovery week...love that it is built in to my training schedule!
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 3 miles easy 
Wednesday: rest  
Thursday: 3 miles easy
Friday: rest    
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 4 miles easy
total: 10 miles

Week Three for Jess
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 2 mile easy   DONE(2.3 with Mags)
Wednesday: rest  
Thursday: 5 mile tempo (warm;3 miles @ 10:07;cool)DONE (4 miles total, 2 @9:30)
Friday: rest    
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 7 miles long run DONE (hills!!!!)
total: 13 miles

Reflection on Week Three:
I felt really tired after my race. My legs just didn't feel fast. Tuesday's run was in the pouring rain with Maggie. Thursday was on a treadmill at the gym. The gym was such a disappointment, more on that later though. Sunday's run was fabulous. My sister planned it all out and made sure there were lots of big hills as per my request. Ouch! I am feeling that today! Feeling more and more ready for that hilly Shamrock and feeling really good about the amount of miles I am putting in with still over two months to go until the half! This week I am hoping to slow down and take care of my body so that next week I can hit it hard!
 

Week 4 for Katie:
Okay, let's talk runs again. I want to run 3.5, 4, 5.5 and an easy 2 somewhere in there. I will throw in my strength routine I talk about below and an added bonus would be a workout video but I am not going to stress over it. The ground is currently covered in snow so that does not bode well for running, but I will make it happen one way or another.

Reflection on last week:
"I am going to keep it a bit simple and just lay out my running goals for the week, but I do plan to do a couple extras, too (ie workout video and some strength/abs). I plan to run a 3, a 3.5 and a 5 mile this week. I feel like 5 is pushing it for where I am at currently but I also feel like I need the challenge! As an added bonus, I would like to challenge myself to run 4 times this week, not just 3. Stay tuned! "


I am happy to say that I did my 5 mile run this past week! Pretty proud of myself. I realized after the fact that 5 is the longest distance I have run since my last half marathon in October. Wow. My other runs were two 3s and I am bummed to say I didn't meet my challenge to run four times after all. But I did some great strength training based in this routine (I did both A & B) and hope to incorporate that more as I was totally sore the next day! One of my 3 milers I enjoyed outside while pushing my daughter in the stroller, I love that she loves to run with me. Due to the snow, I had to run my 5-miler on the treadmill which was not ideal but I was just happy to get it done. 

2 comments: