Thursday, December 1, 2011

november and december race recap+santa

If you are a new reader here, welcome! I made a challenge for myself last July to run 12 races in 12 months.....

November Race Recap: Turkey Trot

The Turkey Trot can be summed up in two words, FUN and HILLY! The costumes were awesome! After listening to Another Mother Runner podcast about wearing costumes while racing, I think next year I will participate. People are so darn creative, we saw Native Americans, pilgrims, full turkey outfits, turkey hats (cooked and feathered versions), random sequence dresses, face paint...people have obviously made this into their family/friend tradition for Thanksgiving, and I was so happy to be apart of it! It also wasn't a chip timed event, so truly just a fun turkey day run!

 Me and the gals bundled up and ready to run!Running with my family is the best!

The course was challenging! It started at the Forestry Center which shares a parking lot with the Oregon Zoo. From there you head DOWN hill for almost 2 miles, all I could think was that I was going to have to run back UP these hills. Justin pulled off about a mile into the course to attend to the little gals, but I kept going. The way up was, as predicted, HARD! But I kept running, trying to hold a decent pace. The weather was perfect, I knew that after I would be headed to the in-laws to stuff my face, so I thanked the hills for the challenge and continued to scale them. Three and three quarter miles after that I was running through the gates to the Zoo, passing the otters, the monkeys, and crossing the finish line right before the elephants at 4.06 miles (according to the 'ol Garmin). You better believe I will be registering next year. I LOVED this race. 

All done! Yes, my husband is wearing that hat. No, it is not a joke...at least not really. 

Addie Joy and I post race. Happy baby girl! And yes, she is sporting an early nineties track suit under her jacket. We're all about style 'round here. 

I have a lil' surgery happening mid December, so my December race is early...as in next Sunday! I am excited to race in a 5k and would love to come in under 30 minutes. I will let you know how it goes!
Also, getting into the holiday spirit with Secret Santa at Dailymile... if you're a member of dailymile, check out Secret Santa to sign up! Fun! Fun!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad it was such a fun race and I CANNOT wait to see how your 5k race goes on Sunday. WHAT! Wow, you're going to rock it. I need to give you a BFF pep talk soon!

    ReplyDelete