Wednesday, December 21, 2011

You are what you eat...

Then I am a big fat Christmas cookie!
Today is day 3 of being on bed rest. My surgery went well and I think I will be back at it (running, holding my babies, blowing my nose) in no time. At least that is what I am telling myself. I feel bloated from all the extra liquid that got pumped into me. My body feels restless. I made the mistake of stepping on the scale...will not be doing that again until after the holidays. 

Back to me being a Christmas cookie... I have been thinking a lot about what I eat. I really believe in fueling your body with healthy, whole foods. I think there is still much to be discovered in the healing powers of food. I get excited when I watch these videos of people taking extreme measures to correct and cure their diseases.

I also think that we have a problem of too many choices. We have so much at our fingertips we forget what a luxury it is to go to the grocery store and fill up our carts with whatever meets our fancy. Or we are so overstimulated with food options that we pass right by the basics, the whole foods... and by "we", I of course mean me. I also think that my eating habits are mostly pretty healthy...but definitely needs some fine tuning. 
 

Here are the links to two of the movies I watched in the last 24 hours that I think make for great discussions:
 and a youtube of Michael Pollen talking about his book, Omnivore's Dilemma

Next week I am posting my running & fitness goals of 2012...you better believe that there will be some healthy eating goals on there.

But here are my questions for you:
How do you view your eating habits?
What's your biggest indulgences?
What do you think about America's diet?

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment